We want to help you achieve your fundraising goal as easily as possible. That’s why we have experienced fundraising staff to help you create a campaign that plays to your strengths.
Here are 6 steps to get you started:
Step 1: Draft a Plan
Step 2: Personalize your Fundraising Page
- Tell your donors why this placement is important to you, explain what you will be doing, what impact you hope to make and what you hope to learn
- Upload a photo or a video to your page, videos can help you raise more money!
- Remember to include an ask in your message!
Step 3: Make a Donation
Step 4: Share your Fundraising Page with your Network
- Think about who you will ask for support, friends and family, co-workers or classmates, teams, clubs, religious groups, local business etc.
- Tailor your email to suit the group and send the link to your fundraising page widely
- Use social media channels to reach your network (post photos as they’ll get more traction!)
- Remember to ask more than once, people get busy and forget but reminders help keep you top of mind
Step 5: Host an Event
- Remember to take photos of your event and share them on social media
- Don’t hesitate to ask your friends, family, neighbours to help you, most will be happy to pitch in for a good cause
- Request Cuso International materials to help support message on event day
- Let your local media know what you are doing and get the whole community involved
Step 6: Thank your Donors
- Whether it is by phone, letter, email or video message be sure to thank your donors immediately and sincerely for their support
- Tell your donors what their donation has meant to you and Cuso International
How ever you choose to go about your fundraising, we are here to support you along the way. Please be in touch with Amie Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1.888.434.2876 x245. We can provide you with materials, fundraising tips, motivation and a brainstorming partner!