A. Funds raised by volunteers go towards sustaining our organization so that we can continue to send volunteers and make a difference around the world. Please visit our website for details on Using Funds Effectively.
A. There is no fundraising minimum amount to create a page. You get to set your fundraising goal. We encourage all types fundraising ideas and donations, big or small.
Contact Amie Gibson at email@example.com or by phone at +1.888.434.2876 x245 to discuss your ideas.
A. The sky is the limit! Engage your creativity and choose something that taps into your passion.
We can provide you with materials, fundraising tips, and a brainstorming partner! Contact Amie Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1.888.434.2876 x245 to discuss your ideas.
A. Yes! You or someone you know can make a gift on your fundraising page, on our website, through a monthly gift or you can mail in a cheque. Cheques can be made out to 'Cuso International' and mailed to: Cuso International, 44 Eccles Street #200, Ottawa, ON, K1R 6S4. Or you can donate by phone with your credit card (1-888-434-2876 ext. 222).
A. All donations of $10 or more will automatically receive a charitable tax receipt. If we receive an online donation an electronic receipt will immediately be emailed. If we receive a donation by mail or if you hand deliver it, the donor will receive a tax receipt in the mail.
Please note that all fundraising pages generate a Canadian tax receipt. If a donor requires a US tax receipt they must donate via our US donation page..
A. Yes, we accept donations from all over the world! Our fundraising pages will generate Canadian tax receipts. US donors are eligible to receive a tax receipt but they must donate via our US donation page. If donors are outside Canada or the US we can accept their gift but the tax receipt they receive will be Canadian.
1. Donate to your own campaign - lead by example and show your network you are investing in your own fundraiser.
2. Tell your story - people give to people and stories stick in our minds. So, share on your page why fundraising for Cuso international is important to you, why is now the right moment for your event, why is it important to you. Your motivation will inspire others. Remember to add a photo or a video too.
3. Send reminder emails and use social media - cast the net widely by email because you never know who will be motivated to donate. You’ll raise more money by asking more people. Also share the link to your page on social media.
4. Enlist others - encourage your family, friends and co-workers to help. Ask someone to help set-up at your event, take photos, stay late and clean up, or donate a silent auction item.
5. Say Thank You! - whether it’s a phone call, thank you card, email or social media, say thank you immediately and sincerely.
A.You will also receive a personalized online fundraising page where your network can donate directly to your campaign online. You can personalize your message, add photos and videos, send out emails and thank donors and track your progress. Check out our Top Fundraisers on the homepage for some great examples of successful fundraising pages. Individual fundraising support is provided by our Fundraising Officer whose role is to support your success.